I am pleased to respond to any questions you may have. If the 'Live Help' button indicates that I am currently online, please feel free to give it a click if you have a question or comment. If I appear offline, you may send me an e-mail through the 'Help' interface.
As a courtesy to my clients I list the latest internet virus information as well as provide a means for on-line payments (PayPal®) and for viewing your website while under construction.
As the designer of your website, I am ready and willing to address any issues that may come up. I will not leave you floundering out in cyberspace once my design work has been completed. You can always e-mail me with a question and I promise to promptly get back to you.
YOU ARE MUCH MORE THAN A CUSTOMER TO ME.
Viruses in general are on the wane, but occasionally a person finds a new way to create one, and that's when they make the news.
When you listen to the news, you hear about many different forms of electronic infection. The most common are:
- Viruses - Computer viruses are called viruses because they share some of the traits of biological viruses. A computer virus passes from computer to computer like a biological virus passes from person to person. A computer virus must piggyback on top of some other program or document in order to get executed. Once it is running, it is then able to infect other programs or documents.
- E-mail viruses - The latest thing in the world of computer viruses is the e-mail virus. Often the e-mail message contains a friendly note that includes the recipient's name, so the receiver is inclined to open the e-mail thinking it is harmless. E-mail viruses are delivered via an attachment. When the recipient double-clicks on the attachment, the virus is released. Some e-mail viruses access the address book in your e-mail program and e-mail themselves to all your friends.
- Worms - A worm is a computer program that has the ability to copy itself from machine to machine. Worms normally move around and infect other machines through computer networks. Worms use up computer time and network bandwidth when they are replicating. Worms have the potential to adversely affect businesses and even government operations.
- Trojan horses - A Trojan horse is simply a computer program. The program claims to do one thing (it may claim to be a game) but instead does damage when you run it (it may erase your hard disk). Trojan horses have no way to replicate automatically.
Return to Top
- Purchase and install virus protection software
- Avoid programs from unknown sources (like the Internet). Stick with commercial software purchased on CDs
- Make sure that Macro Virus Protection is enabled in all Microsoft applications.
- Never double-click on an attachment that contains an executable that arrives as an e-mail attachment. A file with an extension like: EXE, COM, or VBS is an executable.
It's easy to send Rio Paso Web Design a payment via PayPal®. Simply enter your name, billing address and credit card information. Payments processed through PayPal® must include a 4% online handling fee (total amount due x .04). You can use a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card. PayPal® collects and processes the transactions seemlessly, safely, and securely. Contact Me Today!
PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
HOME | ABOUT | SERVICES | FAQ | PRICING | SUPPORT
CONTACT | NON-PROFITS | DESIGN PROCESS | MAINTENANCE | TERMS of SERVICE